S B Bolson & Sons
began in 1922 when Stephen
B Bolson, after being in a partnership with another painter decided to go out on his own.
When each of his four sons (Hubie, Ray, Ken and Spence) became old enough they went to
work for him and eventually became partners themselves. Each of the sons had children that
at some point worked for the business during summer vacation and some went on to full time
after completing school.
In 1991 the two oldest brothers (Hubie and Ray) retired and Stacy
bought in to the partnership. From 1998 thru 2000, Stacy's daughter Heather worked during the summers
while in high school, making her the fourth generation to work in the firm.
In 2007, Ken retired and in 2009 Spence retired, leaving
Stacy as sole owner.